Saturday, December 12, 2009

OUR TOUR GUIDE-the FABULOUS SERGUI

The feisty Russian man is Sergui--he's a friend of Ira and Alex and was the perfect person to show us around since he's born and raised in Moscow. I got us to Red Square and in line for the Lenin Mausoleum. He knew all the KGB buildings and made sure we saw the stars atop all the buildings that were part of the Kremlin. Fortunately we found a souvenir place but I missed out on postcards of the "ornate Kremlin
church"--my favorite. We stumbled on a theatre and Sergui sprang for tickets. The theatre was beautiful...very, very old...but nice. The play was a folktale...great costumes...I kind of knew what was going on. I didn't ask Nastia to translate, I wanted her to enjoy it!



1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the email to my Mom - Joyce printed it and the 3 of us read it together in the car yesterday on our way to go see
    "Wicked" downtown at Playhouse Square. Your trip sounds wonderful - especially love your photos and descriptions of Moscow!

    ReplyDelete